If you’re refreshing your Shopify store marketing and want to activate a different cart recovery email tool, you’ll need to deactivate the Shopify-owned cart recovery emails within that platform. This avoids you overwhelming your shoppers.
First, from Home, go to Automations on the left-hand menu:
Next, if you have Abandoned checkouts by Shopify activated, go to the 3 dots on the right-hand side of the screen, and select Edit settings:
Now, you’re going to see the settings expand on page. Click the box next to “Send abandoned checkout emails automatically” so that it is de-selected:
This should now be deactivated, and will appear as “Inactive” in the bubble under status:
Now you’re ready to activate Aument’s abandoned cart emails to go out from your Shopify store!
Now, the most important part of managing abandoned cart recovery emails is in fact to obey the laws that protect citizens from receiving messages without their consent. To do so, you need to activate SMS as a point of contact with customers for marketing purposes. Don’t worry, we’re here to make it easy for you!
How can I get consent from shoppers to send them SMS marketing?
1. Start by going to your Shopify store, then head to “Settings” at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
2. Once clicked, Settings will reveal a longer menu, where you should select “Checkout”.
3. Now, scroll down to a section labeled “Consent for marketing”. This is where you need to click on “SMS marketing” so that a checkbox will appear at checkout from your Shopify. The buyer will be able to accept or decline the option to be contacted via SMS.
4. Make sure the checkbox under “Consent for marketing” called “SMS marketing” is checked. Then your shoppers will see an option like the below, when checking out.
6. To complete these 2 requirements, click on he notification or scroll down to “Policies” on the menu.
There’s even a shortcut to help you fill these in! Shopify provides copy-and-pasteable policies when you click on “Create from template”.
All the sections will populate automatically, as below:
Need more help? Here are more places to find information: